Over the course of the past year, I have become the “owner” and doting mother of two lovely four-legged creatures with whom I share my house. I haven’t had a pet in a loooong time and never as an adult, so naturally I’m eating my words left and right over here. Here’s a list of things I said I would never, ever, in a million years do. Until now.
1. Wake up with a cat butt in my vicinity.
2. Compliment the fuzziness of said cat’s butt.
3. Refer to my pets as “the girls.” Go ahead and barf now 😉
4. Refer to myself as “Mama!” in a high-pitched voice
5. Speak to a cat in baby talk. (ALL DAY.)
6. Invite a 50 pound dog to sleep with me. I like to spoon her.
7. Encourage the dog to “play nicely with her sister.”
8. Troll the yard at late hours encouraging the dog to do her business and responding with praise “Good girl! Pee pee!” when she does. Absolutely nauseating, I know.
9. Make homemade dog treats. They’re organic.
10. Spend twenty bucks on kitty litter without batting an eye. I have to be in a mood to spend that amount of money on a sweater at Target!
I’ll edit this list as the years go by and I become even more obnoxious 😉 And what’s a post about them without a picture?